Membership of LAYC means that you have access to a whole range of services on offer from LAYC. As a member you will receive:
- A Welcome Affiliation Pack containing information on a range of benefits of affiliation to one of the largest youth and children’s network.
- Access to the LAYC/Youth Scotland insurance scheme – a comprehensive and tailored insurance package including public liability, employers liability, contents -costs less than others available- and a range of other services from our equivalent national organisation.
- REGISTER WITH LAYC to carry out PVG checks on behalf of your group under the new Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) legislation.
(For groups unable to comply with Disclosure Scotland / CRBS organisational requirements – saving £75.00 annual organisational registration fee.)
- ***IMPROVED ***GET TWO FREE TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH LAW @ WORK Also access full range of professionally drafted employee policies and employment contracts along with employers seminars and training and free subscription to employment related email bulletins
- FREE Membership of Borders Scrapstore which now has a store at Fisherrow Community Centre, Musselburgh and a regular shop at the Inch Community Centre in Edinburgh.
- REDUCED FEES for member groups Access to a comprehensive range of training courses and events that are affordable, accessible and relevant.. Priorities given to member groups for training places.
- FREE ACCESS to LAYC Leisure Links scheme which since 2002 has provided discounted fees for Edinburgh Leisure facilities – for group , individual and staff use. (Edinburgh only). For a copy of the guidelines and conditions of use follow the link.
- FREE access to LAYC E Bulletins for member groups to post job adverts and other events – provides weekly information on jobs, training and events to over 1250 subscribers.
- Access to Dynamic Youth Awards including 10 free Challenge Sheets – worth £50
- Access to £15K worth of grants for Youth Tobacco and community safety Action Grants
- Affiliation to Youth Scotland and access to their services
- Access to Youth Achievement Awards (Requires additional fee to Youth Scotland)
- Access to LAYC “ Members Only” section of website with password protected access to a wide range of useful resources , policies, programme ideas, toolkits etc
- Copies of “Fast Networks” journal and featuring information on youth and children’s work and issued at least once a term.
- Access to support and advice from experienced staff on topics including child protection, risk assessment etc
For more details about the benefits of affiliation to LAYC please view or download our latest A to Z to Services by clicking here or the Membership Information and Guidance Notes for 2012/13 by clicking here.
Membership year runs from 1st November 2012 to 31st October 2013.
Membership 2012-13 (membership of LAYC, Youth Scotland and UK Youth) – Now reduced rates fom 1st May!
Membership only 2012-13 (membership of LAYC, Youth Scotland and UK Youth) – Now reduced rates from 1st May!
- As detailed above except for the insurance cover
Membership Fee – £70
Membership & Insurance 2012-13 (membership of LAYC, Youth Scotland and UK Youth) – Now reduced rates from 1st May!
- Includes all the benefits of Membership Only PLUS insurance package via Youth Scotland
Membership Fee – £160 (for under 100 members/contacts)
- £210 (for over 100/under 1000 members/contacts)
For groups with over 1000 members please contact LAYC for a tailored quote from LAYC and the insurers.
Please note that if a group does not re-affiliate by 30th November they will no longer be covered by the Youth Scotland insurance package.Print This Page